May 15 - May 21, 2018
Complete your application before March 30, 2018. Places are limited.
Resound Kefalonia is hosted by the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture on the island of Kefalonia, in the town of Metaxata, Greece. www.ionionartscenter.gr
"Sound and Space Research: Resound Kefalonia 2018" is curated and organized by artist Sandra Volny, Ph.D., who is based between Montréal, Canada and Paris, France. The program will be given in English, but French-speaking participants are welcome.
Invited sound artist Jacob Kirkegaard (Danish, living in Berlin) will act as a mentor, presenting his work and leading a site specific workshop with the participants. http://fonik.dk/
- Full name of the applicant (for group/collective projects indicate the title of the group, full name of the person representing OR leading the group).
- Postal address, telephone, country, email address, web site (if available).
- Profession, discipline.
- Brief statement of the applicant, no longer than 200 words.
- Brief resume, no longer than 3 pages.
- A copy of passport/ID card (of every member of the group for collective projects).
- Subject line of email: "Resound Kefalonia 2018 application".
- In the email include a brief 3-line statement summarizing your project.
Deadline for completed application : March 30, 2018. We encourage participants to apply before the deadline since places are limited. Accepted participants will be notified by Monday April 2nd.
Submit completed application at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Resound Kefalonia 2018" is part of the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture and the Sea Forum 2018 annual programming.
"Participants are invited to the centre from May 14 to May 22. During this time, they will have access to accommodation at the hotel in front of the Ionion Centre's, they will have access to the Ionion center's kitchen area, studio, art creation spaces, individual support + breakfast, dinner and basics for lunch+ 24-hour assistance at the Centre + internet.
For more information on the center : http://www.ionionartscenter.gr/the-institution/
The program costs 1100 euros all included per participant (which also includes taxes). There is a 50 euros non refundable application fee. Proof of payment must be sent to the Ionion Center for the Arts and Culture for each application.
For any information on conditions, fees, accommodation, and grants, please directly contact the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture :
For any information on the program, please contact organizer and instructor Sandra Volny:
By exhibiting at the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture, participants may apply for a grant from the centre that is awarded by competition. They may also register individually to exhibit as part of the Sea Forum 2018. Completed participations to the Sea Forum 2018 are eligible for the year Grants 2018.
Grants for the one-year residency program: from 1000 to 30,000 euros.
Grants for the SEA(S) FORUM: from 2000 to 50,000 euros/year (for SEA(S)2018).
INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES: 1. firstname.lastname@example.org, 2. email@example.com
PROGRAM INFORMATION AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for the SEA(S) forum Grant program.
- Apply for the one-year residency program Ionion Center for the Arts and Culture.
- Apply in Canada to : CALQ or CAC.
- Apply for LOJIQ Travel Grants (Québec only).
- Apply at your University or Art School for funding.
- Ask your University and get credits for Resound Kefalonia.